Friday, June 07, 2013

Have eggs, will bake...

Every now and then I get to the stage where we've either run out of some particular foodstuff and need to go shopping, or have a glut of a foodstuff and need to use them up quickly before they go out of date.  Past excesses have included, but are not limited to, Maltesers, Crunchie bars, cucumbers (that was a weird one) and so on.  Today's glut was eggs.  My first thought was to make an omlette for the kids for dinner.  Then I came to my senses and remembered that I also had some Reese's Mini Peanut Butter cups to use up.  Fortuitous, no?
The recipe I use calls for cocoa and chopped chocolate, so sometimes I add in different things in place of the chocolate.  Today, I thought I'd try some peanut butter and chopped Reese's.  Another time I'd used white chocolate chips, or Reese's pieces and so on.  (I really should link here to those previous posts, but sadly I can't find them).
As with the Oreo cookie brownies from a few weeks ago, I left some of the pieces out so I could scatter them across the top, thus making sure that each brownie had some filling.
I think some of the chopped mini cups must have melted, because it doesn't look like there was so much throughout the brownie once baked, hmmm...
I'll wait till the girls get home from school, and we'll all try some then.  Then we'll know how much of a peanut butter taste runs through these delicious chocolatey treats, mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)