Wednesday, May 08, 2013

The lemon cake exploded

Oh dear, sadly I'm quite serious.  I almost feel that I shouldn't tell you about this one, because it truly looked pretty awful.  But I'm raising my children to be thankful for all that they have and to be tolerant of others and the differences between people, so it's included.
I may add at this stage that the cake tasted good, a bit more solid than I like my cakes usually, but still... It was lemony and sweet and really, what more do you need from a lemon drizzle cake?  It was drizzled with lemon syrup right after coming out of the oven, but Mr Becca felt it couldn't really be called a Lemon Drizzle Cake if you couldn't see the drizzle.
Fair enough, that visible enough for you darling??
As it happened, that was perfectly visible enough for him.  And exactly what he had in mind.  And I think it made the cake look better too, sure helped it taste good!  There was very little leftover of this treat too, after The Team and our friends had our fill.
Just need to make a note for next time, to get some cupcake cases ready for the excess batter - ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)