Sunday, December 30, 2012

Zoe's 10th birthday, part 1 - giant cupcake

I love repeat business.  It feels so good to be included in a families celebrations, and thought of when they have a special occasion.  In this case, I was asked to do a cupcake decorating party for the lovely Zoe for her 10th birthday.  And also to provide the birthday cake.  She's a fan of chocolate, so it was to be a naked chocolate giant cupcake and the guests were to decorate it themselves.  But then she saw and enjoyed the Carrot Cake I made them for Christmas (which looked similar to the Red Velvet one I blogged about recently), and decided she'd like me to decorate her birthday cake after all.  
As it was to be a chocolate cake, she chose chocolate icing too, and pink and blue decorations.  Here's another lovely way to use the plaque cutter from my last post - I really like it.  And I'm loving the new bow cutters I bought, I feel like I'm getting the hang of them.  The little name plates are for the party (see next post)...


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)