Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pink, purple and a touch of sparkle? Must be birthday time

I got a message on my Facebook page, having been suggested to a customer by another local baker who was fully booked (thank you!).  She wanted some cupcakes and a traybake for a birthday that weekend, and I was only too happy to help.  The brief was pink and purple with a touch of sparkle, and I really enjoyed making these ones.  They are a Classic Vanilla cupcake (vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing) with the addition of pink and purple colours and sugarpaste accents (I used to call it fondant, but my Cake School teacher told me off one time too many ;)).  I used the Sugarflair colours Grape Violet and Pink, and was surprised and pleased at how deep the purple intensified once it sat for a little while.  Below is the matching tray of brownies, rich and luscious and dusted with Vanilla Icing Sugar from Sweden and a touch of sparkle.  Happy birthday Leanne, hope you loved your surprise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)