Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ferrero Rocher and chocolate brownies? Yes please!

Mr Becca received a large tray of Ferrero Rocher chocolates a while ago as a gift from work.  I don't recall why, and he doesn't really like them that much, so they'd stayed wrapped in the box for some months.  For lack of any other way to use them (obviously, I love them and could eat them, but I'm really trying hard to keep my weight at a healthy level, and 2 dozen chocolates wouldn't help that at all...)  I thought I might try them in Brownies.  As you do. 
I had seen someone do it with Cadbury's Creme Eggs and it looked like a good idea, as apparently you add the chocs on top just 5 minutes before the baking time is complete.  I don't like Creme Eggs, though the rest of The Team do, very much.   So I had no intention of doing it with them, but felt the Ferrero Rocher's would do nicely.  So at the appointed time, I removed the tray from the oven, popped on the chocolates, and returned it to the oven for the final 5 mintues.  They actually weren't that easy to keep in position, as the crust had started to form on the brownies and I had to push a little to get them in.  So some are lower in than others, and some started melting faster than others.
I waited till the whole tray cooled, sprayed it with edible gold lustre spray and took them down to our friend's house.  We didn't get the chance to eat them the same night, but the next.  And I made sure to photograph them before biting into them!

4 comments:

  1. Interestingly (well, I think it's interesting), they didn't last as long/stay as moist this time. This may have been due to the fact that they weren't stored as normal (in a tin, but this time just wrapped in a bag and then on the kitchen worktop) but I thought perhaps also because the crust had been broken by the chocolates and thus air could get further into the brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Graham would love these. He is a ferrero rocher fiend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they were a very tasty combination.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)