Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Caramel Chocolate Fudge Cake

I had a tin of Carnation Dulche de Leche that was burning a hole in my ingredients cupboard, and didn't feel like another attempt at Millionaire's Shortbread, as I'm not really a fan.  I checked their website for inspiration, and found Chocolate Fudge Cake - score.
I cheated slightly with the cake and used a different recipe - still adding caramel to the mixture, then used theirs for the icing - wow!  We had friends coming to play and stay for lunch and the cake was ready just in time. 

The icing was still slightly warm when we tucked in, and dusted with neon pink edible glitter - it tasted just amazing!!  A scoop of vanilla ice-cream or mascarpone would have set it off very nicely, but a glass of water helped too.
The interior of the moist, dark, rich Caramel Chocolate Fudge cake with caramel choc icing and neon pink glitter. See the cake sticking to the knife... Sorry, am I making you drool?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)