Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nothing this week

I have a busy start of the week coming up, with a friend's birthday on the Monday, the school Bingo Night fundraiser event on the Wednesday and a meeting with the local branch of Business Gateway on Thursday.  I'm planning to bake my friend a dark chocolate beetroot cake (her favourite flavour and it's a recipe I've used successfully in the past) and a selection of goodies for the school fundraiser.  Another friend has kindly offered to bake brownies for the school event too, which will be really helpful.  I'm not sure how many the school are expecting to attend, nor if I'm expected to provide enough nibbles for all of them, but I'll do my best! 
The Business Gateway meeting is in response to a few kind friends suggesting I go into business, but I'm not sure really.  Seems like it may be a lot of hard work and I'm not sure there's really a market out there for another baker in Dundee...  I'm friends with a few women who do marvellously attractive and tasty work, so am slightly lacking in confidence (I know, me - lacking in confidence! pah!).  So the meeting is to find out a bit about exactly what may be involved, how much I'd need to do in advance and so forth, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have enjoyed reading this post, feel free to leave us a comment, and why not check out some of our other posts :)